SIVA Trust is a non-government social development organisation working for the poor and underpriviledged communities. The organisation is concentrating in developmental activities towards the rural and semi urban people for their socio economic, health and education status improvement in Tirunelveli district of Tamil Nadu in India since its inception through its various development programmes. From the year 2017, it has taken up a project for the land rights and agricultural development of the hill tribes throughout Tamil Nadu, with Project Office at Coimbatore.
Service Initiative for Voluntary Action (SIVA) Trust was established in the year 1994 by a team of committed and socially concerned volunteers who were individually doing social service activities. The organisation is concentrating in developmental activities towards the rural and semi urban people for their socio economic, health and education status improvement in Tirunelveli district of Tamil Nadu in India since its inception through its various development programmes. The target people of the SIVA Trust comprise of all sections of downtrodden people including the most deprived Arunthathiar community (usually engaged in scavenging work) and also poor women and children of the rural and semi urban areas in Tirunelveli district. Corporate Brochure
Empowered and Inclusive Rural communities
The Mission of SIVA Trust is to make women of rural society progressive and self-reliant through self-help groups, financial empowerment, health education, to organize programs for protection of children from all types of abuses and exploitation, to take measures for enabling a society with equal opportunities for persons with disabilities and to work for the land rights and economic sustenance of hill tribes in Tamil Nadu.
Integrity in everything we do: We strive never to take the easy path, but always the honest one. We practice integrity in all our actions and try to do the right thing by every stakeholder.
Serve with passion: We are fiercely committed to our purpose of poverty alleviation, and work with a burning desire to make a difference.
Empathy for all: We are committed to working together with unconditional respect, freedom, trust and support for each other.
Transparency: We are transparent about our values and policies, our failures and mistakes and openly share our ideas and knowledge with all internal and external stakeholders.
Respect: We listen to and welcome diverse perspectives and have deep regard for others even when their beliefs are different from our own.
Accountability: We deliver what we have promised. We take responsibility for our own actions and outcomes. We are responsible for ourselves, the organization and all internal and external stakeholders.
Trust: We have faith in human potential – both in being able to initiate change and to be resilient in the face of adversities.
Objectives of the Trust
The target people of the SIVA Trust comprise of all sections of downtrodden people including the most deprived Arunthathiar community (usually engaged in scavenging work) and also poor women and children of the rural and semi urban areas in Tirunelveli district and the persons with disability and also the hill tribes throughout Tamil Nadu. The Trust operates and designs development programmes with the following objectives:-
- Empowerment and socio-economic development of the downtrodden
- Empowerment and sustained livelihood for poor women in rural and urban areas
- Access to savings and credit for income generation of the poor women
- Quality education and skill development for children/youth
- Improving health status of women and children
- Creating awareness on HIV-AIDS and other contagious diseases
- Democratising panchayats for local self-governance
- Prevention of child abuse, child rights protection and eradication of child labour
- Facilitating the person with disabilities to have a inclusive life
- Getting land rights and agricultural development to hill tribes.
SIVA Trust is registered as a Public Charitable Trust under Indian Trust Act 1882.
- Trust Registration Number: 161/1994
- Date of registration : April 06, 1994
- Find the SIVA Trust Registration details & Trust Deed
SIVA Trust is eligible to accept donations and tax exemptions. Find the 12A and 80G registration details below.
- 12-A(A) Registration No. : C.No.101/108/CIT-II/03-04 dt. 31-05-2004
- 80 (G) Registration No. : C.No.101/108/CIT-II/03-04 dt. 22-09-2009
SIVA Trust is also eligible to receive foreign donations. Find the FCRA registration details below.
- FCRA Number : 076030183/11 June 1997 (Renewed up to 31-12-2026)
- SIVA FCRA Certificate
Details about other statutory and legal compliances.
- PAN No: AAETS1962R/TNLI (1)
- NGO Darpan Unique ID: TN/2017/0151060